Shut-the-Box is a traditional game of counting, addition, and probability. Dating back to the 18th century, this game was enjoyed by Norman fishermen after a long day at sea. Roll the dice and lay down any numerical combination of tiles that match your roll. Just keep on rolling until you can no longer match your roll on the remaining tiles. The lowest score wins the game. If you lay down all the tiles, then you've "shut the box." This improved wood version with a felt playing surface has 10 numbers, rather than the typical 9 numbers of other versions, bringing more numerical combinations into play. It is sure to bring the old century charm (and lots of fun) to your home!
Each game is crafted with high quality sustainable materials with attention to fine details. This 4-Player Shut the Box game is a favorite amongst classroom teachers who use the board game to teach addition in a fun way. It is also played in pubs across America and Europe.
- 4-Player Shut-the-Box game with 10 number tiles
- Wooden box measures 14 x 14 x 2 inches
- Felt lined playing surface for quieter rolls of the dice
- Eight dice included (4 different colors)
- Fast moving game of dice! Includes instructions and history of the game.