This volume in Volko Ruhnke's COIN Series takes 1 to 4 players into the Afghan conflict of today’s headlines, this time in a unique collaboration between two top designers of boardgames on modern irregular warfare.
A Distant Plain adapts familiar mechanics to the conditions of Afghanistan without adding rules complexity. A snap for players to learn, A Distant Plain will transport them to a different place and time. New features include:
- Coalition-Government joint operations.
- Volatile Pakistani posture toward the conflict.
- Evolution of both COIN and insurgent tactics and technology.
- Government graft and desertion.
- Coalition casualties.
- Returning Afghan refugees.
- Pashtun ethnic terrain.
- Multiple scenarios.
- A deck of 72 fresh events.
... and more.