New Heroes with unique abilities join the side of Revolution, while the Great Machine enhances its Servants with powerful implants and sends its new secretly trained Servant into the field. The governmental Surveillance Zeppelin now cruises over the City, opening up new opportunities for both sides of the conflict.
The Escalation is not a standalone game. Core City of the Great Machine game is required for play.
The Escalation expansion consists of separate Modules. You may add any of them to your games in various combinations. Each Module combines perfectly with each other and the core game.
- The Bring About a Revolution Module offers you 3 new Heroes to oppose the Great Machine. Unlike the Heroes from the core game, each of them has unique game components and follows special rules. The Inventor uses his ingenious Inventions to attain incredible possibilities, the Determinist manipulates the City with Theories, and the Smuggler hides in the lawless Smugglers Hideout to avoid the Servants and Guards and to strike where least expected.
- The Servants of the Great Machine Module provides the Servants with powerful improvements aimed at increasing their effectiveness in hunting the Heroes down. The Servants install their new implants throughout the course of the game, and once the enhancements are applied, the Heroes will face difficult times.
Yet, the Heroes have something to oppose the heavily modified Servants. People in the City realize that building up the capabilities of the Servants hardly has anything to do with a peaceful course of life. Pockets of resistance start to appear in the City, the Master Plan advancement has been sabotaged at its initial steps, and more Citizens are willing to consider joining the course of Revolution after the first successful Riots!
- The fourth Servant, Chronoleon. When added to the game, she takes place of any other Servant of your choice. While the other Servants are partially human, Chronoleon is a fully mechanized Intelligence Service agent and is able to change her body parts to perform her tasks best. This allows her to pretend “one of their own” in any company and trick the Heroes into one trap after another.
- The Pockets of Resistance Module is designed to be used in combination with the Servants of the Great Machine Module. However, it may be added to a game with any other Modules as well. As the Master Plan advances, pockets of resistance start to appear here and there in the Districts. Heroes can contact them and use their support when taking Actions in the Districts with Resistance tokens or exiting them.
- The Surveillance Zeppelin cruises over the City throughout the game and allows the Heroes to perform unpredictable maneuvers that may surprise the Great Machine. However, the Great Machine knows that the Heroes may try to board the Zeppelin and is willing to send its Servants to meet them there with a well-timed Raid!