This Bundle Includes:
- The Great Wall Base Game: A competitive strategy game for 1-4 players, set in medieval china that blends historical themes with a pinch of fantasy flavor. The game includes cooperative and solo modes.
- 200 cards, 4 player screens, 560x840 double sided board, 3 wall sections (each with 3 levels), 200+ resource tokens in a separate tray, 90+ high quality faction models
- The Ancient Beasts expansion: Adding four legendary entities into the game - players will try to gain their favor to receive their blessings
- 40+ cards, 4 unique models
- The Black Powder expansion: Bringing new soldiers, hordes, and war machines to the game. Players will have new powerful options to choose from during play, but the invaders' threat will also be greater.
- 50+ cards, 3 cardboard towers, 30 high quality models
- The Stretch Goals Box: Providing four new expansions that will enrich your gameplay options.
- Ancient Chronicles - adds six scenarios for competitve and cooperative play where you'll defend Diaoyu Fortressss and fend off invaders during the Ghost Festival.
- Rat - The Rat brings fortune to those in need - the venerable animal chooses a player who then decides which location will receive Rat's blessing. This particular place will be more profitable for all players.
- 5th Player - A new clan appears at the Great Wall, allowing a 5th player to join the fray and vicious schemes.
- Genghis Khan - Face the most formidable leader of the Mongol Empire! He will inspire hordes storming the Great Wall, making th edefense even more dangerous and deardly. Genghis Khan's appearance draws the Emperor's attention - those who live u pto his expectations will be granted the honor and great rewards.
- 90+ cards, 5th player faction, 30+ high quality miniatures
The Great Wall is a new asymmetric worker/soldier placement game with engine building themes and a twist in form of a constantly attacking AI (Mongolian Horde) that requires players to sometimes cooperate in order to defeat it. This is a new major board game from Awaken Realms.
Players will control ancient clans in China trying to defend against invading Mongolian hordes and build a Great Wall. While every player will want to win (by earning VP = Honor) they also need to sometimes cooperate to defend against the hordes. Each clan will be asymmetric through its chosen Leader (resource production/starting resources/starting workers and units) and this asymmetry will increase as the game progresses (players will hire Advisors with unique skills, often creating unique engines).
In The Great Wall, the players take the role of Generals defending the Wall against the Mongol Horde. The game is played over a series of turns called Years, each divided into 4 parts called Seasons.
During Spring, new barbaric hordes invade the fields in front of the Great Wall and prepare to launch their assault. Summer is the time when generals prepare for the assault and mobilize their forces. During Fall, players take their turns, playing Command cards, resolving their effects and Activating Locations to gain various benefits. In Winter, the last layer of Defense is activated, then, the hordes try to assault the Walls.
During the course of the game, players will create their own unique engines based on their clan strength as well as interact with other players during all phases of the game, trying to get the most Honor points, which can be gained in a lot of different ways.
At the end of the game, the player with the most Honor wins.